Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

More to Come

Now that I've had a few days to work, I've gotten a bit of progress. I reworked some of the AI, movement and Weapons to make the a little more fluid. I changed the cloud color on Titan, from a dull orange to a dull gray. I like that a bit better. I'm working on the links, but I should have a DevBuild ready by this afternoon.

I'm going to try to focus the team on getting a working menu system, including saving and loading and a full list of stats(money, Fleet strength, research, Rank, etc). After that We'll get into the story line and really tweak the AI. Eventually, I hope we'll be able to make the game playable on the slower running computers. At the moment my 2gb ram laptop can't handle it.

I've been debating what things there should be on the long distances between planets. Currently, it's about 5-15 minutes to get from one moon to it's closest neighbor. I was thinking that The player could be able to mine larger space rocks, and that every now and then You could be attacked by various enemies, Pirates, Bounty Hunters, Enemy fleets. But I want this game to pique people's interest beyond the fighting. I'm hoping to come up with some strange things that will happen by you as you're going to whatever place. Things that will make the player go "Hold on.... What is this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment